Laura Jane Williams is the author of Amazon bestseller BECOMING: Sex, Second Chances, and Figuring Out Who the Hell I Am and forthcoming ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST: How rediscovering your inner child can make you calmer, happier, and solve your bullsh*t adult problems.
She was Grazia's "single girl" columnist until February 2017, is Marie Claire's #BREAKFREE from fear ambassador, and has written about dating, lust and her feelings everywhere from The Guardian to RED to Buzzfeed, The Metro, Stylist, The Telegraph and more. She blogs at Superlatively Rude and is currently writing her third book.
This is her second time on the podcast and in this episode we discuss her experience with burn out, why she decided to take a break from writing to become a nanny, the experience of writing her second book, and her considerations around having a child on her own.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Laura prioritizes and chunks down passion projects so that they actually get done
- Recognizing the early signs of burn out
- The non-linear process of healing from burn out
- Laura’s 3 rules to Tinder dating and how she ended up with a national dating column
- Considering the option of becoming a single mother
- How Laura’s experience nannying three girls turned into the subject for her new book
- The difference between writing her first and second books
- The tiny changes Laura has made to her life after experiencing burn out
- TGGC #4: Finding yourself through writing, the art of becoming, & cultivating self-acceptance with Laura Jane Williams
- TGGC #76: How to bullet journal for productivity and personal growth with Kara Benz of Boho Berry
- The Doxy
- Ice Cream for Breakfast