You can also find me on Spreaker, Player.FM, AudioBoom, & wherever fine podcasts are played.
Jen Dzirua is the founder of GetBullish.com and the annual Bullish Conference. I am a huge fan of her work and her no-bullshit approach to advice. Although the ways we express our beliefs around self-love are very, very different I found I learned so much from our interview. In this episode we chat extensively about designing your life in 2016, how to "have it all" as a parent, business owner, and woman of the world, why she resists the terms "self-love" and "self-care", how she accomplishes her own form of meditation in hotel bars, and how to order traditional cocktails like a pro. This will be my last interview of 2015 and it feels like the perfect one to round out the year.
In this episode we talk about:
- Whether it's important to have "lady-centric" business advice
- How having "money BFFs" and "money role models" can help you earn more without betraying your political beliefs
- Why "work-life balance" doesn't necessarily apply in your twenties
- How to maximize your leisure time and nurture relationships when you're going balls to the wall to build your career or achieve a big dream
- The problem with how "self-care" is typically presented online and what helps Jen recharge
- How she accomplishes her own form of meditation in hotel bars
- Jen's favourite cocktail and how to order cocktails like a pro - which includes a simple trick that will help you do anything more confidently
- What Jen's routines look like with so many projects on the go Lin the workplace
- The approach she took to online dating in order to attract the right partner
- Why "designing your year" is more effective than setting resolutions and what that looks like
- The Bullish Conference
- Maybe Work Life Balance Means You Should Work More
- What Lean In Gets Wrong: How I Balance a Career, Marriage, and Parenthood
- Feminist unicorn necklace
- The Princess Problem
- Design Your 2016
- Teamwork is Overrated
- The ULTIMATE Self-Love Giveaway (closed)
- Self-Love During Stressful Times ebook
Where to Find Jen:
- Download the free GetBullish app (App Store, Google Play, or Kindle).