Kylie Travers has gone from homeless single mother of two because of domestic violence to multiple international award winning CEO, author, speaker and advocate for ending domestic violence and homelessness. She is passionate about helping others turn their obstacles into opportunities, change their mindset, smash their goals and achieve a life they never though possible.
We sat down to talk about the mindsets and tools she used to overcome massive obstacles and rebuild her life. We dive deep into her goal setting (& smashing!) process and her beliefs about what it takes to develop resilience.
We had some difficulties with the Skype connection so towards the end of the interview the audio begins to get a bit shaky and we had to edit some portions out, so I apologize for this and hope you still get a lot out of the conversation!
In this episode we talk about:
- The quote that helped Kylie keep moving forward during one of the darkest periods of her life
- The difference between trying and really, deep-down-in-your-bones, things-will-never-be-the-same deciding, how the latter can feel somewhat outside of our control but that we can harness that power and truly decide to make a change
- The mindset tools that Kylie used to stay positive and focused on her goals even when it felt like her life was falling apart
- The importance of finding gratitude for even the seemingly negative things that happen to us
- How being raised in a family that encouraged personal development helped Kylie develop resilience and how she encourages other people to develop these life skills if they did not grow up with this type of background
- The values-based system that Kylie uses for setting goals in every area of her life and the process she uses for following through on achieving them
- The importance of celebrating your achievements and how Kylie likes to celebrate hers
- The biggest mistakes Kylie sees her clients making when it comes to achieving their goals and how you can avoid making them
- The validity of setting small goals and how to let go of goals when you realize they’re not what you really want
- The power of writing a list of 100 things you’re grateful for and how Kylie started hers when it felt like there wasn't anything she loved about herself
Where to find Kylie online:
Podcast art by Ella Masters.