Dyana Valentine is not for the faint of heart. She’s spent 13+ years teaching leaders to listen to themselves and complete seemingly impossible projects—we’re talking major brand overhauls, six-figure product launches, full-fledged manuscripts.
She serves up straight-from-the-hip advice in online magazines and columns all over the ‘net. In a past life, she was an idiot-savant microsurgery tech, worked for the Olympic Games organizing committee, and was personally approached by the FBI with a recruitment invitation—for classified reasons – on two separate occasions.
As you can tell, Dyana has such an interesting life story and we had a fantastic conversation about her journey but also about her zone of genius: decision making.
We riffed on why decision making is so hard, the SuperConditions game she’s created to make it easier, and why some decision making systems miss the mark.
In this episode we talk about:
- Dyana’s routine of prepping all her food for the week every Sunday
- What’s involved in her gentle morning routine
- The intuitive dreamwork Dyana does and her advice for beginning to explore your own dreams if you’re interested in it
- The theme of “needing an escape pod” in Dyana’s life and what’s changed so that she no longer needs them
- What factors can keep us in that mindset of “decision paralysis” where we keep going back and forth on what we want to do
- The unique SuperConditions that we are born with and how they help us to make decisions more easily
- The different intensities a decision can represent
- The SuperConditions Game that Dyana created and my experience of playing it
- Using our own language and truth to construct a system that works for us rather than strictly adhering to the labels of personality assessments
- The power of again/ritual/routine for removing decision fatigue and fuelling the creative process
- Don’t forget to use the promo code ‘sarah’ to get 10% off your purchase from Four Sigmatic
- Four Sigmatic (use the promo code ‘sarah’ to get 10% off your purchase!)
- Decisions video
- Stargazer Li
- Wendy Ortiz
- Minimalist Baker
- Free Super Conditions Call