Kirsten Hale is a trauma-informed herbalist and witch working to unspell the patterns of personal and collective trauma.
She talks regularly to plants, makes potions and serves her kitties.
She lives on the colonized territories of the Multnomah, Clackamas and other indigenous peoples in Portland, OR with two cats and a crow.
In this episode we talk about what trauma really is, the link between trauma and anti-oppression work, the role that herbs can play in addressing anxiety, and trauma and beginning your own relationship with herbs.
In this episode we talk about:
- What it means to be a trauma-informed herbalist
- Taking a client-led approach to healing/helping work
- Understanding what trauma actually is
- The link between trauma and anti-oppression work
- The role that herbs can play in addressing anxiety and trauma
- Kirsten’s journey to becoming a herbalist
- Whether we need to consult with a trained herbalist or can begin experimenting with herbalism ourselves