Nicola Salmon is a fertility coach, acupuncturist and naturopath.
She was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome at 16 and told she would never have children.
She made small tweaks to her health whilst she was training as an acupuncturist and having babies was easy for her.
She’s passionate about helping other women get pregnant just as easily.
We talk about what acupuncture is and how it works, the power of knowing our cycles, the myths that are perpetuated around fat and fertility, and a whole lot of other goodness.
In this episode we talk about:
- The systems Nicola has in place in order to run her business with young children at home
- Her journey of being diagnosed with PCOS and thinking she couldn’t have children to conceiving naturally and eventually helping women with their fertility
- How understanding our cycles can empower us when it comes to conceiving but also in planning our lives more generally
- What acupuncture is and how it works
- The myths that are perpetuated around fat and fertility
- Why feeling comfortable in your own skin can help improve your fertility
- Nicola’s advice to anyone who is struggling to conceive right now
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong and What You Really Need to Know by Emily Oster
- Here and Now app
- Think Up app
- Lucky Bitch app
- Nurture Fertility Journal