Clare Barry is a Londoner, writer and founder of Urban Curiosity - a creativity and wellness company that helps busy people slow down and see things differently. Clare writes about creativity and human connection in a digital world and London in the real one. She leads international retreats and Urban Curiosity Walkshops in her hometown; these two-hour sessions are are part digital detox, part creativity class - on foot.
By changing her lifestyle after experiencing burn out, Clare fell back in love with London and found solace within the hustle and bustle of the big city. I loved talking to her about ideas for navigating a busy, overwhelming city in a slower, more mindful way, being mindful of when and how we use our smartphones, and periods of consuming information vs. periods of creation.
In this episode we discuss:
- How rediscovering her passion for creative expression, chronic pain, and grief ultimately led Clare to transform her life
- The changes that Clare made that led to her falling back in love with London
- Ideas for navigating a busy, overwhelming city in a slower, more mindful way
- Being mindful of when and how we use our smartphones
- Being in periods of consuming information vs. periods of creation
- Learning the rules so that we can decide when we want to break them